This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 48 maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Drain cherries. Dry on paper towels overnight.
- Melt butter over low heat. Stir in evaporated milk, vanilla extract and salt.
Remove from heat and gradually stir in sifted confectioners' sugar. Turn out
onto board, lightly sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Work with hands until
smooth. Cover cherries completely by shaping about 2 teaspoons fondant around each
cherry. Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Chill for 1 hour.
- Melt semisweet chocolate chips in a double boiler. Hold fondant-covered cherries
by the stem and dip into melted chocolate. Place on foil to cool. If a second coating
of chocolate is necessary, chill cherries for 30 minutes before re-dipping. Chill
cherries after final dip until chocolate is set.