- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- Mix dry ingredients together.
Melt butter over low heat.
Heat a cast iron pan over high heat, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Make sure the meat, poultry or fish is at room temperature and dry. Thin cuts
do not work well. Dip the meat, poultry or fish into the melted butter and apply
an even amount of rub to each side. Put into pan and leave alone for a minute or
so, then check the underside of the meat for a nice dark crust. Adjust as needed.
The kitchen may be quite smoky by this time. Turn the meat and repeat until the
desired doneness is achieved.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.