Chili Powder 2
- 2 large dried pasilla chile peppers
- 1 large dried ancho chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon whole allspice berries
- 2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- Remove the stems and seeds from the chile peppers. Tear the chiles into small
- Combine the chiles in a skillet with the cumin, cloves, coriander and allspice
and stir continuously over low heat until there is a faint crackling noise and the
fragrance of the peppers is perceptible. This will take about two minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Combine oregano and garlic salt in a spice mill and grind to a fine powder. Mix,
then store airtight.
Use in chili, tacos, salsas and sloppy Joes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.