Chili Powder 3
- 4 Anaheim chiles, dried
- 1 pequin chile, dried (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed, dried
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- Stem and seed chiles carefully. Do not rub your eyes and do not use the pequin chile unless you like things really hot!
- Combine and pulverize all ingredients
in a molcajete (volcanic stone bowl) or blender.
- Store in an airtight container.
You may add additional flavor by using a dash
of freshly ground cloves or allspice, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.