Firehouse Chili Powder
This powder is fresher tasting and more pungent than a store-bought brand, so
use a bit less. If you are a purist, never substitute this for pure chile powder.
- 6 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon dried mild or hot chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all ingredients and grind to a fine powder using a mortar and pestle, or
process in a food processor or blender.
This has a shelf life of up to 6 months.