Flower Flavored Sugars
- 1/4 cup fresh flowers or leaves*
- 1 cup super-fine sugar**
- Use only one type of flower or leaf in each batch of flavored sugar.
- Wash and dry the flowers or leaves carefully.
- In an airtight storage container, put in 1/4 inch of sugar, then a layer of flowers or leaves and alternate until the sugar is used.
- Cover tightly and store for three weeks.
- Strain out the dry leaves and pack the flavored sugar into a storage jar.
* Scented geranium leaves, lemon balm, various mints, lemon verbena, violets, rose petals (do not use flowers or leaves from where insecticide has been used).
** If you cannot find super-fine sugar, put granulated sugar in a blender and run for a few seconds.