Garlic Basil Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- In a saucepan combine the garlic and about 1/2 cup oil. Place over medium heat
until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and allow oil to cool for a few minutes.
- Using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, strain garlic and oil.
- Combine oil with remaining oil.
- Place basil and peppercorns in a sterilized jar or bottle with a tight fitting lid.
- Add oil and seal jar.
- Store in a cool, dark place for a week or two before using.