This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 3 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons dill seeds
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 6 tablespoons whole fennel seeds
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Combine all seeds in a skillet over medium heat, and toast, shaking pan, until
aromatic, about 4 minutes.
- Using a spice grinder, coarsely grind seeds in three batches.
- Transfer to a small jar.
- Add sugar, salt, and pepper. Shake well to combine.
- The spice blend may be
stored in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 6 months.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine May 10, 2001.