Hot Chili Sesame Oil
- 2 cups corn or peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons hot Mexican chili powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark Oriental sesame oil
- Heat corn oil, chili powder and crushed red pepper in a small saucepan until
almost boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil.
- Cool to room temperature, then cover and steep in refrigerator for 3 days.
- Strain through a cheesecloth- or coffee filter-lined sieve into a clean 2-cup
jar or decorative bottle.
- Cover or cork and refrigerate.