Seasoning, Flavored Oil and Flavored Vinegar Recipes
Louisiana Roasted Garlic Puree
Yield: about 3/4 cup
- 4 large heads garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Chop off bottom of garlic head, and separate whole cloves, leaving tight outer covering intact.
- Place cloves in a shallow 8 inch square baking dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cool and drain; remove skins.
- Roast garlic may be eaten as is or pureed for smoother texture.
- To puree, put into food processor with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Process 30 seconds or until almost smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally. Use as a spread for buttered, toasted French bread or as a condiment.
- Serve hot or cold.