Seasoning, Flavored Oil and Flavored Vinegar Recipes
New Mexico Red Chile Puree
- 10 New Mexico red chiles
- 1 1/3 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- For a milder purée, rub chiles between your palms to remove most of the seeds.
- Chop chiles coarsely with a knife or in a food processor.
- Put them into a bowl and pour the vinegar over. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add onion and garlic to the chiles and either cover the bowl with plastic and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, or put them in a saucepan over medium-high heat, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then purée in a blender until very smooth. Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.