Seasoning, Flavored Oil and Flavored Vinegar Recipes
Yield: 4 ounces
- 2 tablespoons bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seed
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger root
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 1/2 whole dried chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- Crush bay leaves. If you have cardamom in the pod, pound it with a mortar and pestle to extract seeds.
- Also pound dried ginger root and break cinnamon stick into small pieces to distribute flavors.
- Dried chiles can be broken or crushed into small pieces.
- Combine bay leaves, cardamom seed, ginger, cinnamon, chile peppers, mustard seed, allspice, coriander and peppercorns.
- Blend and store in an airtight container.
- Use as directed in recipes.