Seasoning, Flavored Oil and Flavored Vinegar Recipes
Pureed Herb Oil
- 1 cup fresh herb leaves, such as cilantro, basil, parsley or mint
- 1 cup light virgin olive oil
- Blanch herbs in boiling water.
- Refresh under cold water. Pat dry.
- Puree blanched herbs in a blender with oil until mixture is creamy.
- Pour into a decorative airtight jar and shake well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Let mixture come to room temperature.
- Pour through a strainer lined with five or six layers of damp cheesecloth; do not press down on solids.
- Keep oil covered and refrigerated.