Seasoning, Flavored Oil and Flavored Vinegar Recipes
Yield: enough for about 5 pounds of meat
- 1 tablespoon ground roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chili powder blend
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Stir together all ingredients.
To use: Pat the rub thickly over the meat you are going to smoke. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 24 hours before grilling.