Easy Sheet Pan Meatloaf and Vegetables
Four-Pepper Meatloaf: Prepare meatloaf as above, adding 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper to Ground Beef mixture.
Picadillo-Style Meatloaf: Prepare meatloaf as above, omitting thyme and adding 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, 1/4 cup raisins, 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves to Ground Beef mixture.
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef (93% or leaner)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of tomato sauce; set aside.
- Combine Ground Beef, remaining tomato sauce, bread crumbs, onion, egg, Worcestershire
sauce, thyme, salt and pepper in large bowl; mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf on parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Toss potatoes with nonstick cooking spray, garlic salt and pepper. Spread potatoes evenly around the meatloaf on the sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan on the center rack of oven, bake in preheated 400 degreed F oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved tomato sauce with brown sugar and dry mustard. Spread sauce evenly over top of the meatloaf, stir potatoes, and continue cooking another 20 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meatloaf registers 160 degrees F.
- Remove meatloaf and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Test potatoes for doneness and return to oven if needed while meatloaf rests.
- Cut meatloaf into slices. Serve with potatoes.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 375 calories; 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 106 mg cholesterol; 734 mg sodium; 43 g carbohydrate; 4.3 g fiber; 29 g protein; 8.3 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12;
5.3 mg iron; 26.3 mcg selenium; 6.4 mg zinc; 129 mg choline
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Team
SHEET PAN RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.