Sheet Pan Recipes
Easy Sheet Pan Meatloaf and Vegetables
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (93% or leaner)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of tomato sauce; set aside.
- Combine ground beef, remaining tomato sauce, bread crumbs, onion, egg, Worcestershire
sauce, thyme, salt and pepper in large bowl; mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf on parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Toss potatoes with nonstick cooking spray, garlic salt and pepper. Spread potatoes evenly around the meatloaf on the sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan on the center rack of oven, bake in preheated 400 degreed F oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved tomato sauce with brown sugar and dry mustard. Spread sauce evenly over top of the meatloaf, stir potatoes, and continue cooking another 20 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meatloaf registers 160 degrees F.
- Remove meatloaf and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Test potatoes for doneness and return to oven if needed while meatloaf rests.
- Cut meatloaf into slices. Serve with potatoes.
Four-Pepper Meatloaf: Prepare meatloaf as above, adding 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper to Ground Beef mixture.
Picadillo-Style Meatloaf: Prepare meatloaf as above, omitting thyme and adding 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, 1/4 cup raisins, 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves to ground beef mixture.
Per serving: 375 calories; 10g fat (4g saturated fat; 4g monounsaturated fat); 106mg cholesterol; 734mg sodium; 43g carbohydrate; 4.3g fiber; 29g protein; 8.3mg niacin; 0.7mg vitamin B6; 2.3mcg vitamin B12; 5.3mg iron; 26.3mcg selenium; 6.4mg zinc; 129mg choline
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Team