Baby Broccoli with Orange Sauce
- Coarse salt
- 2 bunches baby broccoli (about 1 pound), untrimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 shallots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook baby broccoli until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, combine orange juice, shallots, vinegar and pepper flakes, if using; simmer over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over baby broccoli; toss gently.
Yield: 4 servings
Approximate nutritional information per serving: calories, 71; fat, less
than 1 gram; protein, 5 grams; carbohydrates, 14 grams; fiber, 2 grams
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.