Batter Dipped French Fries
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 bag frozen plain French fries or steak fries
- Plain flour
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 cups club soda
- Seasoning: Combine seasoning mixture and store in a tightly covered container.
- Allow 1 teaspoon seasoning or to taste for each cup of prepared batter.
- French Fries: Without thawing, open bag of fries and dust them lightly
but evenly in flour, letting them dry on wax paper lined cookie sheet for a few minutes.
- Batter: Combine ingredients well.
- Coat the floured fries evenly in the batter and fry in small portions at a time
in 385 degree F oil at least 2 inches deep in pan.
- Turn fries once to brown evenly. Remove with tongs to drain on paper towel lined
- Serve at once.
The batter can be repeated as needed to coat the frozen fries.
Fajita Fries: Add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin in each cup of prepared
batter that includes the seasoning mix given above.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.