Blue Cheese and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pure butter
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Cook in boiling water for 15 to
20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork; drain well.
- Mash with a potato masher until smooth, and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return to stove and cook for a few minutes more until very hot.
Yield: 8 servings
May be made ahead and reheated in the microwave.
Nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 5 g protein, 8 g total fat (5 g sat.),
25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 20 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 4 points