Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 10 medium baking potatoes, quartered
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups hot milk or half-and-half
- 4 to 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- In 3-quart saucepan, bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until potatoes are very tender, about 20
- Drain well and return to saucepan. Heat over low heat until all moisture is gone.
- Mash with potato masher or beat with an electric beater.
- Gradually beat in 1/2 cup milk, all but 1 teaspoon butter, the blue cheese, the
salt and pepper until smooth and fluffy. Add additional milk if necessary to make
potatoes soft and smooth. Taste and add additional salt, if necessary.
- Transfer potatoes to serving bowl, and press remaining teaspoon butter into center.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.