Broccoli-Shrimp Stuffed Idaho® Potatoes
Turn a fluffy Idaho® potato into a meal by stuffing it with broccoli florets
- 2 large Idaho® potatoes
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cooked shrimp, or 1 (6-ounce) can shrimp, drained
- 2 teaspoons diced pimiento (optional)
- Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Wrap each potato in a microwave-safe
paper towel; arrange potatoes 1 inch apart. Microwave on HIGH 6 - 8 minutes, turning
and rearranging once; let stand 2 minutes. With a fork, pierce the skin in the form
of a cross. Press the ends of the potato toward the center, lifting and fluffing
the meat of the potato.
- Combine broccoli and onion in a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate; cover and microwave
on HIGH 3 - 4 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar and cornstarch in a 4-cup glass measuring
cup, microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2 - 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over broccoli; stir in cooked shrimp and pimiento. Spoon mixture over
Yield: 2 servings
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving: 399 calories, 3 g fat, 124 mg
cholesterol, 696 mg sodium, 25 g protein, 68 g carbohydrates
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Idaho Potato Commission
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.