- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk (more as needed)
- 2 teaspoons melted butter, cooled
- Sift together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a small
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with milk and butter. Stir into dry
- Drop by serving spoonsful onto simmering vegetables, stew, soup or
broth. Cover tightly and cook 15 minutes at a low simmer.
- Serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.