Creamy Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Creamy Cheesy Mashed Potatoes get an extra flavor boost
with the addition of evaporated milk and shredded cheddar cheese! Add
green onions and crumbled bacon for an even heartier side dish.
- 6 medium (about 2 pounds total) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil.
Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender;
- Return potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk and butter. Beat
with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in cheese.
- Season with salt
and ground black pepper.
Preparation Time: 15 mins |
Cooking Time: 20 mins |
Chopped green onions, chopped parsley or cooked, crumbled
bacon may be added to mashed potatoes.
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé® and meals.com.