- 1 (5 pound) bag red potatoes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash of nutmeg
- Cook potatoes at full boil for 15 minutes.
- Peel and shred potatoes into a buttered 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Cube cheese and heat
together with all other ingredients until cheese is not quite melted.
- Pour over potatoes, cover with foil, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut like a cake to serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.