Side Dish Recipes
Green Beans Supreme
This casserole takes the traditional green bean casserole up more than a notch or two.
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups French style green beans*, cooked
- 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter. Place onions in skillet and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add flour, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Add sour cream and heat thoroughly.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish. Top with cheese.
- Add cooked green beans and toss until well coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
* Or two cans well-drained French style green beans.