Banana Sourdough Bread
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup active sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated orange rind
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream together the shortening and sugar; add egg and mix until blended.
in bananas and sourdough starter.
- Add orange peel or vanilla extract.
- Stir flour
and measure again with salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture and
walnuts to the first mixture, stirring until just blended.
- Pour into greased 9 x
5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes
- Cool to cold before slicing.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.