Herman Biscuits and Raisin Bread
- 1 cup starter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Thin Vanilla Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Few drops vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Biscuits: Combine all ingredients using a large serving-type spoon. When
smooth, dip the spoon (just to coat) in flour and knead the dough in the bowl
with the back of the spoon till it's no longer sticky. Then flour your hands
and make a patty of the dough and knead it between palms about 10 times.
- Break off 6 equal pieces and shape into patties 1-inch thick. Arrange in
greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or till golden.
- Let cool in baking dish for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 biscuits' double the recipe to make 1 dozen.
Raisin Bread: When you begin kneading the dough with the back of the spoon,
add Raisin Bread Ingredients. Continue kneading Herman between your palms as
directed above. Grease the 1-quart baking dish and break Herman up into 12 small
balls. Dust each ball in a mixture of 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
Drop the balls into the prepared baking dish and bake at 425 degrees F about
20-23 minutes or till golden.
As soon as it's out of the oven, drizzle with Thin Vanilla Glaze.
Posted by FootsieBear at recipegoldmine.com
Source: Gloria Pitzer Copycat Cookbook