- 2 cups Herman starter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 cups any dried, canned, frozen or fresh fruit
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Coffeecake: Stir together Herman starter, eggs, flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon,
sugar, oil, salt and fruit.
- Spread batter in a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
cinnamon topping over the batter in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- While cake is baking, prepare brown sugar glaze. Pour glaze over coffeecake as soon
as it is removed from the oven.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- Cinnamon Topping: Cream together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and margarine or
- Brown Sugar Glaze: Boil butter or margarine, brown sugar and milk together 5
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
For a less sweet coffeecake, omit the Cinnamon Topping or the Brown Sugar