Potato Flake Sourdough Starter
- 1 packet (1 tablespoon) yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- Mix all ingredients in a glass jar or container. Cover loosely and let
stand for 24 hours at room temperature.
- Put in the refrigerator for three to five days.
- On the fourth day, feed it with 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons potato
flakes and 1 cup water. Stir and keep at room temperature for 24 hours.
- After making bread, store remaining starter in the refrigerator and feed
every four days. (If you don’t make bread, discard 1 cup starter before each feeding.)
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.