Sourdough English Muffins
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 3/4 to 3 cups all-purpose
- 6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In large mixing bowl blend sourdough starter and butter- milk.
- Combine flour,
4 tablespoons of the cornmeal, the baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt; add to buttermilk
mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Turn onto lightly floured pastry sheet. Knead
until smooth, adding more flour, if necessary. With rolling pin roll dough to 3/8-inch
thickness. Let rest a few minutes.
- Using 3-inch cutter, cut into muffins.
- Sprinkle a sheet of wax paper with 1 teaspoon
cornmeal; place muffins atop and sprinkle with remaining cornmeal. Cover and let
rise until very light, about 45 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat, lightly greased griddle
about 30 minutes, turning often.
- Cool completely, then store in plastic bag or bowl.
Makes 12 to 14 muffins.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.