Sourdough Refrigerator Biscuits
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Add 1 package yeast to 1/2 cup warm water and a pinch of sugar. Let stand for
- Combine the next 5 ingredients then work shortening into mixture. Add yeast mixture
- Combine sourdough starter and buttermilk and mix into the dough to form a sticky
- Place the container in the refrigerator overnight. The dough is good for 3
or 4 days.
- Remove as much as needed and carefully roll out on well floured counter. Roll
to 1/2-inch thick and cut with floured biscuit cutter.
- Place on lightly greased
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes.
Yield: 4 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.