- 1/3 cup water
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sourdough starter
cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 packages
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- Add water to yeast. Stir, proof 10 minutes.
- Add flour, sugar and sourdough starter.
- Add butter, milk, egg and honey.
- Knead dough on slightly floured
- Shape into rectangle and cut into 2-inch triangles. Roll into circles and
flatten to 1/2-inch.
- Allow to rise until tripled in bulk.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Drop scones into hot oil and fry until golden brown
on all sides.
Makes 6 to 12 scones.