Homemade Butter Spread
A unique and serviceable recipe. When directions are followed to the letter,
the result is a buttery blend that offers the spreadability of soft margarine and
the appealing taste and nutrition of butter. The combination of water and oil reduces
cholesterol, fat and salt. Larger batches can be made and frozen.
- 1 pound butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup water (room temperature)
- 1 cup
vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Process the butter in the food processor a bit before slowly pouring in the oil
and then the water - in a thin stream to allow the butter to absorb the liquids.
You may have to process for several minutes, pulsing once in a while. The mixture
will be very loose - like a pudding.
- Pour into a butter dish with a cover and freeze
or refrigerate to firm up.
Posted by Cookin'Mom at Recipe Goldmine 10/27/2001 6:34 am.