Bananas Foster Syrup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon creme de banana liqueur (optional)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Ground cinnamon
- In large skillet melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar
and banana liqueur, if desired. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add bananas and rum, if desired. Cook until mixture is bubbly, stirring gently.
- Serve immediately over Pain Perdu or ice cream. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Yield: 9 servings (about 1 1/3 cups)
Nutrition facts per serving: 134 calories, 6 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat,
15 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 g protein, 5% vitamin
A, 4% vitamin C, 2% calcium, 2% iron
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Syrup Recipes