Fresh Lemonade Syrup
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups lemon juice (16 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- In a 1 1/2-quart heat proof container, dissolve sugar in boiling
water. Cool. Add lemon juice and peel, mixing well to combine. Cover
and store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- To prepare lemonade for 1 serving, combine 1/4 to 1/3 cup syrup
and 3/4 cups cold water in a glass, stirring well.
- For 8 servings, combine 2 2/3 cups syrup and 5 cups cold water in
a 2-quart pitcher, stirring well.
- You can add slices of fresh lemons in the pitcher or a slice slit
in the one half of a lemon slice and place it on the glass.
Yield: 5 1/2 cups - the number of batches will vary depending on concentration
of lemonade syrup.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Syrup Recipes