Fresh Strawberry Syrup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 quarts fresh strawberries, washed and capped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Slice the strawberries. Mash the berries in a shallow pan, using
a potato masher or fork. Pour the berries through a wire-mesh strainer,
lined with 2 layers of cheesecloth, into a bowl. Press berry pulp
with the back of a spoon to squeeze out 2 cups of juice. Discard
- Combine strawberry juice, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer (uncovered) for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam. Let cool.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve with cheesecake, fruit, yogurt, pancakes, waffles and so on.
Yield: 1 3/4 cups
This syrup is good for 10 days.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 7:41:30am 8/3/03.
Source: Jo Anne Stutzman - Pungo Strawberry Festival Cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Syrup Recipes