Irish Honey Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 (2-inch) pieces cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients except lemon juice in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Remove the cinnamon, cloves and vanilla bean.
- Serve warm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.