Pumpkin Black Walnut Pie
Give your pumpkin pie a touch of sophistication with the addition of toasted
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie dough disc
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup Black
Walnuts, coarsely chopped, toasted, divided
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Press crust into pie pan and prick bottom several times with a fork.
- Bake pastry shell until very lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, beat together remaining ingredients (except Black Walnuts)
- Stir in 1/3 cup Black Walnuts.
- Pour mixture into cooled pastry shell and sprinkle remaining Black Walnuts
- Bake until filling has set and knife inserted into center comes out clean,
about 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Recipe and photo credit:
Hammons Products Company.