Holiday Caprese Salad
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® 100% Juice Cranberry
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh basil, 2 leaves set aside
- 2 ounces sliced almonds 1/2 ounce fresh mint, 3 leaves
set aside for garnish
- Dash salt and pepper
- 3 cups Ocean Spray® 100% Cranberry
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original
- Reserved basil and mint leaves, garnish
- To Make Pesto: Combine all pesto ingredients in food processor. Process on high
speed for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- To Make Cranberry-Nutmeg Reduction: Pour cranberry juice into medium saucepan;
bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until reduced
to thin syrup consistency. Add nutmeg; stir until blended.
- Slice tomato into 4 or 5 even slices; cut each slice in half.
- Slice cheese the same way.
- Stack basil and mint leaves together; roll tightly into a cylinder and thinly
- Spoon about 1/2 cup pesto onto each serving plate, spreading to cover.
- Top each with alternating slices tomato and cheese.
- Garnish with dried cranberries, basil and mint.
- Drizzle Cranberry-Nutmeg Reduction evenly over each serving.
Yield: 4 servings
2011 Ocean Spray Foodservice Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist Shawn
Recipe and photo credit:
Ocean Spray Cranberries.