Sweet Potatoes in Orange Cups
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup bourbon or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Miniature marshmallows
- Cover sweet potatoes with cold water. Boil until tender. Peel and cube.
- Halve oranges and remove pulp with spoon; flute edges with sharp knife.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes, milk, bourbon or vanilla extract and salt. Beat until fluffy.
- Add chopped pecans.
- Fill orange cups right before serving and place marshmallows on top.
- Place on baking sheet and brown under broiler.
- Serve while hot.