Dilled Garbanzo Fondue
- 1 (16 ounce) (453 gram) can garbanzobeans with the liquid
- 2 large cloves garlic, whole
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 5 ounces (141 grams) (approximately1/2 package) firm silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Put all ingredients into the work bowl of a food processor, and
process until coarsely or thoroughly pureed, as desired.
to a 2-quart (2 liter) saucepan and warm gently over medium heat.
- Serve with whole-grain bread or pita, raw vegetables, and steamed
- Serves 2
- For a family or company presentation to serve 6, triple the recipe.
Transfer the warmed fondue to a tureen, and serve bowls at the table
to ladle out each serving. Arrange a platter of raw vegetables,
a platter of steamed tender-crisp vegetables, and a basket of breads
to serve at the table.
Below are some vegetable and bread suggestions:
Whole wheat pita
Whole wheat English muffins
Whole wheat bread
Whole rye bread
Whole wheat or oat bran bagels
Raw Vegetable Platter
Bell pepper strips using red, yellow, orange and green bell peppers
Cauliflower and broccoli florets
Daikon radish spears
Steamed Vegetable Platter
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.