Lemon Tofu Marmalade
Lemon Tofu Marmalade is particularly good served over hot rice and steamed spinach.
- 1/2 lemon, washed and sliced crosswise as thinly as possible, seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder or ground turmeric (optional)
- 3 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) block tofu, drained and sliced into slabs or chunks
- In a skillet, combine lemon slices, the water, oil, onion, carrots,
soy sauce, pepper flakes, curry powder and raisins; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat about 20 minutes, allowing liquid
to reduce by half.
- Add tofu and continue to simmer 10 minutes longer
or until most of the liquid is gone.
- Serve hot.
Do not use aluminum or iron cookware for this recipe. The
acids in the ingredients could react with the metal, giving the
food an off-taste.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes