Cheesy Turkey-Stuffed Enchiladas
with Tomatillo Sauce
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos (husks removed)
- 3 serrano chiles, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) melted butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 3 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 8 small (6-inch) warm corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan, boil the water, add the tomatillos and serrano chiles
and let them cook for about 8 minutes.
- In a blender, pure the tomatillos, chiles, garlic, butter and onions, using
a little bit of the tomatillo water to thin it out if necessary. Add salt to
- Place some of the shredded turkey in a warm corn tortilla and roll up.
- Divide the remaining turkey and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- In a non-stick square baking dish, place the rolled up tortillas, add the
tomatillo sauce and top with the cheese.
- Bake at 360 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 25 min
* The sauce can be made a day before.
Chef Priscila Satkoff, Salpicon, Chicago
Recipe and photo used with permission from: American Dairy Association
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.