Valentine's Day Recipes
Cherry Lemon Cooler
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Northwest fresh sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, refrigerated
- Crushed ice
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda or seltzer
- Northwest fresh sweet cherries with stems
- 4 long stems fresh mint
- Combine water and sugar in small saucepan; add halved cherries. Bring mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Strain syrup into container with tight fitting lid; discard cherries. Refrigerate syrup until cold.
- Fill a tall 12- to 16-ounce glass with ice. Pour 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/3 cup syrup over ice and top with club soda. Garnish with cherries and mint.
Leftover syrup may be stored, refrigerated, up to one week.
Per serving: 140 Cal., 0g pro., 0g fat, 37g carb., 0mg chol., 1g fiber, 28mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Washington State Fruit Commission