Kahlua White Chocolate Valentine Cake
White Chocolate Ganache
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 3 1/2 ounces chopped white chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 separated egg
- 6 tablespoons milk (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Prepare ganache before mixing and baking cake to allow it
- White Chocolate Ganache: In large bowl of
electric mixer, combine cream
and chocolate. Set over simmering water until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally, until
- Add vanilla extract and beat until stiff.
- Cake: In small bowl set over simmering
water, melt chocolate and cream together.
Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat batter until fluffy. Gradually beat
in 3/4 cup sugar. Beat in whole egg and egg yolk until smooth. Stir in cooled chocolate.
- Alternately stir in dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending
with dry ingredients and blending thoroughly after each addition.
- In small bowl, whisk egg white with dash of salt until soft peaks form.
Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until very thick and glossy and mixture
falls from whisk in heavy ribbon. Gently fold egg white into batter. Pour batter
into 8- or 9-inch heart shape cake pan which has been lined with butter and
floured wax paper. Bake on center shelf of oven at 350 degrees F about 40 minutes
or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn out of pan. If necessary, first trim any excess crust away from pan
rim, and carefully peel away paper. Cool completely.
- Transfer cake to serving plate. Using wood pick, poke holes about 1 inch
deep and at about 1 inch intervals in top of cake. Frost with white chocolate ganache.
- Kahlua Syrup: In small saucepan, combine water,
coffee powder and sugar. Stir over low heat to dissolve coffee and sugar. Bring to boil and pour into small bowl.
Add Kahlua and stir to blend. Cool.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by darlene at Recipe Goldmine 1/13/2002 10:12 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.