Valentine's Day Recipes
Chocolate Chip Truffle Bars
Wrap up gift-giving needs with a sweet chocolate indulgence.
Yield: 35 bars
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (1 pound 1.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 1 (1 pound) container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 1 (6.4 ounce) can Betty Crocker Easy Flow pink decorating icing
- 35 yogurt-covered miniature pretzels
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together softened butter and egg. Stir in cookie mix until soft dough forms. Press mixture in bottom of pan, using floured fingers.
- Bake for 19 to 21 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Stir in frosting. Spread evenly over bars. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 7 rows by 5 rows.
- Using star tip on pink decorating icing, fill in each hole of each pretzel, forming a heart in center of each. Place decorated pretzel on each bar.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake about 22 minutes.
If you like, skip the cooking spray, and instead line the pan with foil for quick cleanup and easy bar removal.
Per serving: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 18g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.