Valentine's Day Recipes
Mallow Sweetheart Cookies
A dreamy, creamy soft marshmallow filling graces these Mallow Sweetheart Cookies.
Prep: 15 min | Yield: 1 dozen cookie sandwiches or 12 servings, 1 cookie sandwich each
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated sliceable sugar cookies
- 12 Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- Decorating icing
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out cookie dough to 1/8 inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into 24 cookies, using 2 to 3 inch heart-shaped cookie cutters, rerolling dough scraps as necessary. Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute; remove from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Top bottom side of each of 12 of the cookies with 1 marshmallow. Place 4 of the cookies on microwavable plate. Microwave on HIGH for 15 to 20 seconds or until marshmallows begin to puff; cover with 4 of the remaining cookies, bottom sides down, to make sandwiches.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and marshmallows.
- Decorate with icing as desired.