- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk
and rum flavoring in a large bowl; mix well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease inside of a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
Cut a piece of plastic wrap 24-inches long. Line bottom and sides of pan with plastic wrap
so that several inches of wrap overhang each long side.
- Remove cream mixture from refrigerator. Beat with
electric mixer on high speed 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Do not over-beat. Fold
in cherry pie filling, fresh sweet cherries, chocolate chips and almonds. Spoon mixture evenly
into lined pan. Cover and freeze at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, quickly dip pan into hot water, immersing
just the bottom and halfway up sides to help release ice cream. Using overhanging plastic
wrap for handles, gently remove spumoni from pan and transfer to serving plate. Remove
plastic wrap by lifting spumoni with metal spatula. Cut crosswise into slices and serve