Valentine's Day Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and rum flavoring in a large bowl; mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease the inside of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Cut a piece of plastic wrap 24 inches long. Line bottom and sides of pan with plastic wrap so that several inches of wrap overhang each long side.
- Remove cream mixture from refrigerator. Beat with electric mixer on high speed 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Do not over-beat. Fold in cherry pie filling, fresh sweet cherries, chocolate chips and almonds. Spoon mixture evenly into lined pan. Cover and freeze at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, quickly dip pan into hot water, immersing just the bottom and halfway up sides to help release ice cream. Using overhanging plastic wrap for handles, gently remove spumoni from pan and transfer to serving plate. Remove plastic wrap by lifting spumoni with metal spatula. Cut crosswise into slices and serve immediately.