Coeur a la Creme
Meaning "heart with cream" in French, this dessert is sweetened cheese, molded
in the shape of a heart.
Quick Tip: The white porcelain heart mold is pierced on the bottom with tiny
holes to allow excess liquid in the sweetened cheese to run off as it chills. The
molds may be found at kitchen supply stores and come in two sizes: large is 7-inch
diameter; small (individual size) is 3 1/2 inches.
Coeur à la Crème
- 1 cup cottage cheese, small curd, 4% milk fat
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Fresh raspberries, strawberries and/or blueberries (optional garnish)
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Coeur à la Crème: Line 1 large coeur à la crème mold (or 6 small individual
size molds) with double thickness of dampened cheesecloth, extending enough beyond edges to cover top.
- In blender or food processor, add cottage cheese, 1/2 cup cream and sugar.
Blend until mixture is smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup cream and cream cheese; blend well. Spoon cheese mixture into prepared mold(s).
Fold cheesecloth over top. Place mold on rack set over pan; refrigerate overnight to drain.
- Raspberry Sauce: Place all ingredients in mixing bowl. Give a few squeezes
with your hands to release the juices from the berries. Add additional sugar if needed.
- To serve: Remove cheesecloth from top. Invert mold onto platter. Unwrap
and completely remove cheesecloth. Serve with Raspberry Sauce and top with fresh
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
C&H Sugar Company, Inc.