Heart-Shaped Mozzarella and Fontina Pizza
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon butter, divided
- 1/2 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup refrigerated pesto
- 3 canned artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll refrigerated pizza dough into rectangle or square shape.
Create a heart shape template out of a paper towel. Place template
on dough and cut around heart shape using scissors. Place dough
on a greased cookie sheet and follow manufacturer's instructions for pre-baking pizza crust. Set crust aside.
- Sauté red pepper and leeks in butter until almost tender. Remove
from skillet. Add chicken to skillet and cook until chicken is lightly browned.
- Spread pesto over pre-baked pizza crust. Top with sautéed leeks,
red peppers and chicken. Add artichoke hearts.
- Top with cheeses and bake at 425 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Midwest Dairy Association
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.