African Chicken Wings
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed
red pepper (or more, if desired)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 large garlic cloves,
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 5 to 6 pounds
split chicken wings or drumettes
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chicken wings; mix
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken wings; place in the sauce and toss to coat
- Place on rimmed baking sheets that have been coated with nonstick vegetable
spray and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until done to desired crispness.
Yields 60 to 70 pieces.